West Winds 11-11-15

GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Interested in joining the girls track and field team? All girls NOT involved in a winter sport are encouraged to attend a preseason meeting to be held today. We will meet in the cafeteria after school at 2:45, where you will be given information about the upcoming season. Questions? See Mrs. Hass in room 424 before school or in her office, room 321A.

BOYS GOLF: Fore!! Heads up for Glenbard West Golf Dome Night on Friday November 20th from 6-8:30pm at the White Pines Golf Dome in Bensenville. See a member of the Boys Golf team or Coach Hezlett in room 322 to purchase your ticket. Unlimited range balls and pizza/pasta dinner are included in your $15 student ticket. Don’t whiff on this one.

FRENCH CLUB: A reminder to come to our Friday morning French Breakfast! Meet us in room 308 at 7:10 along with your appetites and a treat to share!”

FUEL UP TO PLAY 60: Fuel Up to Play 60 is hosting another Fun Fitness Friday!!! This Friday we will be playing Spike Ball in the cafeteria hallway the second half of lunch periods. Don’t miss it!

GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: The Girls Cross Country team competed in the Class 3A state meet last Saturday and placed 6th! Leading the way for the Hilltoppers was sophomore Lindsey Payne who placed 2nd with the fifth overall fastest time in state history! This year marks the sixth consecutive year the girls cross country team qualified for the state meet and it’s their sixth consecutive top 10 finish.

GLENBARD REALITY ILLINOIS: On Nov 19, 2015 quit smoking for just one day. The benefits of being tobacco-free for one day add up. Just 20 minutes after a last cigarette heart rate and blood pressure drop, and 12-hours after quitting the carbon monoxide levels in the blood return to normal. Great American Smoke out Quit for a Day, Quit for Life!

PRISM: Join us for a special meeting this Friday at 2:45pm in Rm 316. We have a guest speaker coming from the Glen Ellyn Library to teach us about effective blogging strategies and who will share with us great LGBTQ+ resources! New members are always welcome. See you Friday!”

STUDENTS FOR STUDENTS: Join us on Wednesday November 18th for Glenbard Gratitude Day. Write a Thank You note to someone who has made a difference to you! Everyone is welcome. Come with your team, club, your friends. We have so much for which to be grateful! Pizza, treats and art supplies provided!

SOCIAL STUDIES: The Social Studies department is collecting money for the Allen J. Lynch Medal of Honor foundation. This foundation helps veterans get back on their feet after they come back home. Staff members and students are asked to donate $1 by Friday, November 13th and all donations will go directly to the foundation. The U.S. history class to raise the most money will receive a prize! Students turn in your donations to your Social Studies teacher and staff can put their donations in Marisol Pulido’s mailbox by Friday, November 13th. Thank you for your help in raising money to help our veterans!”

SCHOOL COUNSELING: Sophomores – Reminder, your TCD Field Trip completed postcards and field trip forms are due Nov. 17th. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to explore TCD on Thursday, December 3rd. Any questions, please see your counselor.

WOMEN EMPOWERMENT SOCIETY: Please join us for our November Women’s Empowerment Society meeting in room 400 on Friday the 13th from 2:45pm to 3:45pm. Please bring both the signed Code of Conduct and ideas for our next meeting. Please see either President Karla Bonic or Mrs. Posegay with questions. All are welcome!