Filed under News, Showcase, Student Life

November: The Month of Gratitude

On Wednesday, November 15th in the cafeteria, the ACTS (Advocating Character Through Service) Committee invites all students and staff to show their gratitude by writing a note of thanks to a student, a faculty member, a school employee, a family member, or a friend. Enjoy pizza and take advantage of this opportunity to express gratitude and make someone’s day.

As the school year continues to fly by, Gratitude Day gives students the chance to step back and reflect on the people who impact their lives every day both inside and outside of school. In the spirit of giving thanks and celebrating gratitude, we asked various students to reflect on what they are most thankful for here at Glenbard West.

Junior Emily Muchmore expressed that she loves the “supportive community of students and teachers” at West and plans to attend the event to thank people who have made a difference in her life. Sarah Bak, a senior, also hopes to thank her friends and teachers.

Alex Truong, the president of Students for Students, is involved with the organizing of Gratitude Day and recognizes it as way to “give back to the people at West.” Sophomore Robbie Matthew further expressed that he was most thankful for the “quality of teachers” at West who have allowed him “to achieve and reach [his] full potential.”

Another student, Samra Haseeb, feels grateful for the many “opportunities and options to explore” at West with “clubs and sports” and the people she has met through her involvement. She feels as though sometimes people “take for granted being a part of such an amazing school.”

Like these students, everyone at Glenbard West has so much to be thankful for. Don’t miss the opportunity to express gratitude this month. Even if you cannot attend Gratitude Day, take time to send a simple note of thanks or surprise someone with a random act of kindness. A few minutes, or even seconds, of gratitude can go a long way!

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

Marfan Syndrome: Rare, Life Threatening Condition

• November: The Month of Gratitude

News

It’s Peanut Butter-Jelly Time!

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

Balancing Activities and Academics

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

Where should you get your next burger? Try Kuma’s Too

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

How to Choose the Best College for You

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

The Art of Henna from its Ancient Origins to Now

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

Three resource centers, eager to guide, help students

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

December Senior Spotlight

• Entertainment

Best Holiday Gifts 2017!

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

District 87 Finalizes Process of Students Completing Finals Before Break

November: The Month of Gratitude