Filed under News, Showcase, Student Life

November: The Month of Gratitude

On Wednesday, November 15th in the cafeteria, the ACTS (Advocating Character Through Service) Committee invites all students and staff to show their gratitude by writing a note of thanks to a student, a faculty member, a school employee, a family member, or a friend. Enjoy pizza and take advantage of this opportunity to express gratitude and make someone’s day.

As the school year continues to fly by, Gratitude Day gives students the chance to step back and reflect on the people who impact their lives every day both inside and outside of school. In the spirit of giving thanks and celebrating gratitude, we asked various students to reflect on what they are most thankful for here at Glenbard West.

Junior Emily Muchmore expressed that she loves the “supportive community of students and teachers” at West and plans to attend the event to thank people who have made a difference in her life. Sarah Bak, a senior, also hopes to thank her friends and teachers.

Alex Truong, the president of Students for Students, is involved with the organizing of Gratitude Day and recognizes it as way to “give back to the people at West.” Sophomore Robbie Matthew further expressed that he was most thankful for the “quality of teachers” at West who have allowed him “to achieve and reach [his] full potential.”

Another student, Samra Haseeb, feels grateful for the many “opportunities and options to explore” at West with “clubs and sports” and the people she has met through her involvement. She feels as though sometimes people “take for granted being a part of such an amazing school.”

Like these students, everyone at Glenbard West has so much to be thankful for. Don’t miss the opportunity to express gratitude this month. Even if you cannot attend Gratitude Day, take time to send a simple note of thanks or surprise someone with a random act of kindness. A few minutes, or even seconds, of gratitude can go a long way!

• November: The Month of Gratitude

News

How to Locally Help World Hunger

• November: The Month of Gratitude

News

The Annual Glenbard West Turkey Trot

• November: The Month of Gratitude

News

Earned It: A Tribute to the Hitters’ 2018 Season

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

Biomimicry: From Nature to Innovation

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

October Senior Spotlight: Rory Cavan

• November: The Month of Gratitude

News

Team Shellady Strong

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Showcase

Glenbard West & Montini’s Volley for the Cure: Proves Successful Despite Power Outage

• November: The Month of Gratitude

News

Behind the Scenes of Fox 32 Chicago’s “Pep Rally Friday” News Coverage

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

Tim O’Brien Comes to West for the Glenbard Parent Series

• November: The Month of Gratitude

Features

Welcome the New Staff Members at Glenbard West:

November: The Month of Gratitude