The Glen Bard

The student news site of Glenbard West High School

The Glen Bard

The Glen Bard

Starbucks Holiday drinks are back, with new fun flavors!

All images are acquired from Starbucks website. All rights reserved to Starbucks.

There is so much going on during the holiday season, Everything from Christmas shopping, holiday decorations, seasonal movies on repeat, Mariah Carey back on the radio, but most importantly holiday drinks. They bring our holiday spirit through the roofs with fun flavors and colorful cups. This is a list of my top four Starbucks seasonal drinks and the top 4 treats so that you can find what flavors are going to bring you a ton of joy this season.

Let’s start off with our drinks:

#4 Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte:

While it wasn’t the worst drink ever, it wasn’t anything special. It smelled sweet like almonds but it just had a normal taste, it tasted sweet like it smelled but it didn’t give me the holiday spirit. It had colorful sprinkles but they didn’t really add anything to the drink except for decoration and it had a weird aftertaste. If your go to order is something that just tastes like iced coffee this might be for you.

#3 Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino:

This one tastes exactly how it sounds! Peppermint flavors flooded my tongue and it was sweet, but not overwhelming. It was more on the chocolate side though, and it smelled like chocolate too. There were also yummy chocolate chunks on top that just added to the entire drink! This one definitely reminded me of this winter season. If mint and chocolate is up your alley this is the drink for you.

#2 Iced Gingerbread Oatmilk Chai:

This drink was amazing! It tastes similar to the Pumpkin chai that everyone loved during the fall season. It didn’t taste that much like gingerbread but was still really good. If you’re looking to save a few bucks or for a holiday tasting drink go for just the regular chai or a different drink but if you enjoyed the Pumpkin Chai I would definitely recommend this one for you!

#1 Cream Brûlée Frappuccino:

Top ranked for a reason, it was a rich vanilla flavor with caramelized crystals on top which added a Smokey taste which was amazing. It was on the sweet side but it’s definitely worth it. It did taste like a normal caramel frappuccino and wasn’t very festive but I still recommend this drink for everyone to try at least once this year!

#4 Gingerbread Loaf:

While this isn’t bad, it was on the dryer side. It was sweet and soft but the frosting on top tasted funny, it didn’t really taste like gingerbread at all and wasn’t what i expected. It did taste and smell like gingerbread though, and it definitely screams holiday treat to me. I would recommend this if you like gingerbread but beware of dryness and a weird taste with the frosting.

#3 Peppermint Brownie Cake pop:

This was unexpectedly very chocolaty. It was moist on the inside but the only peppermint taste was crystals on the outside. It had a peppermint smell at first but the inside was nothing but chocolate, it’s not the most festive treat but if you enjoy brownies this is definitely your calling.

#2 Snowman Cookie

This cookie was sooo cute! The design was perfect, was super soft, and the sugar on the bottom added a great crunch to the cookie. It was on the dryer side though and tasted very similar to butter cookies so if you like those, these will definitely please your taste buds.

#1 Sugar Plum Cheese Danish

This is a very good treat especially for the holiday season. It has a croissant bottom and has a plum filling that’s very creamy and good. The cheese is beneath the plum filling and adds such a good taste to it. If plum is something your tastebuds enjoy, this is perfect for you.