Congratulations to Mr. Novak on his retirement!


Mr. Frank Novak

Mr. Novak has been working at Glenbard West High School for 34 years and will be retiring come the end of the school year. Starting in 1988 at Glenbard West, Mr. Novak worked as a coach and then later went on to work for the school’s security staff. Prior to his time at Glenbard West, Mr. Novak worked as a teacher at a Lombard middle school and has greatly enjoyed his “55 years spent in education.”

While Mr. Novak has made many wonderful memories at Glenbard West, he summarizes his favorite part of his time here as “enjoying working with young people.” He finds his job to be uniquely special, saying “when people hear I work at a highschool they say ‘oh my gosh, how do you do it?’ and I say that 95% of the time the kids are wonderful and make the other 5% of the time worth it.”

Mr. Novak expressed his gratitude towards the Glenbard West community. While talking about the student body and staff, he emphasizes “what a great group of people [they are] to interact with on a daily basis.”

Mr. Novak highlights his personal connection with Glenbard West as “[his] kids went here” and “[working at Glenbard West] has been a big part of [his] life.” He jokes that “[his] son-in-law claims [he] ‘bleeds Glenbard Green.” 

Glenbard West will dearly miss Mr. Novak and thanks him for the impact his passion and work has had on the West community.