Homecoming 2022: What to Expect!

Graphic Organizer by Ayushi Patel

This year, the theme for Homecoming is Dancing Through the Decades to celebrate Glenbard West’s 100th Year. Homecoming is not just a dance, it is a full week of celebrations where the current students and the community come together to celebrate. This year, Glenbard West Alumni will be back to see the school for the 100th year! Homecoming is all the time better with school spirit and participation the students display. This year, the Homecoming dance will be held on Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 7-10pm in Biester! 

The week before Homecoming is always reserved for Spirit Week: A week full of different dress up days based on a theme:

Monday- Pajama Day 

Come dressed in your favorite pjs and be comfortable at school all day! 

Tuesday- Jersey Day 

Show off your favorite sports team! 

Wednesday- Beach Day 

Seas the day by wearing your favorite beach attire! ( Please remember to still dress appropriately according to school dress code rules) 

Thursday- Centennial Day

Celebrate Glenbard West’s 100th Year by dressing up as your favorite decade! 

Friday- West Spirit Day 

Wear any West gear or the school colors: Green, white, and black!

Your Questions, Answered!

Want to buy tickets for the Homecoming Dance? 

Tickets are currently sold in person at the 2nd floor bridge during all the lunch periods for $25 (between September 20th- 22nd). Only cash or check will be accepted. 

Want to bring a guest from a different school?

Make sure to stop by the Deans’ Office to receive a registration form that must be completed and returned back to the Deans’ Office. Upon approval, bring the guest pass with you when purchasing tickets to receive one for a guest. 

What to Expect from the Homecoming Dance?

• Make sure to bring a current 2022-2023 student ID and a PHYSICAL Homecoming ticket to obtain entrance to the dance. (Guests- Bring your current student ID from your school). 
  • Entrance is on the north side of the building, by the fieldhouse ramp door, and the entry starts at 7pm and closes at 8pm. Students must remain inside the building for the dance until 9pm. However, the dance ends at 10pm. 
  • The dress attire is semi- formal. Bring an extra pair of comfy shoes to change into if you plan on wearing fancy shoes. Remember that Glenbard West Boosters provide a free coat check where you can leave your shoes, purses, and jackets and retrieve them at the end of the dance. 
  • The dance will have sweets and water but water will not be allowed in the Biester Gym, only in the Biester Lobby or in the Fieldhouse. 
  • Most importantly, do not forget that this is still a school event so all school rules are still intact. 
  • Most importantly, remember to have fun and make the best out of this memorable night! Don’t miss out on one of the most significant events in the school year. Hope to see you there!