Chicago’s Biggest Music Events of the Fall

Back to Article
Back to Article

Image courtesy of Pixabay

Image courtesy of Pixabay

Image courtesy of Pixabay

Image courtesy of Pixabay

Music Festivals

Whether you were not able to make it to Lollapalooza this year, or you just can’t get enough of music festivals, the end of summer does not signify the end of these multi-day concerts with all your favorite artists. Here are two more of the major festivals Chicago has coming up!

North Coast Music Festival

Held in Union Park and taking place on August 31 through September 2, this festival, known as “summer’s last stand,” has a very diverse set list with recognizable names like Miguel, DJ Snake, and plenty of other artists you don’t want to miss.

Riot Fest

Running from September 14-16, Riot Fest is held in Douglas Park in Chicago, and specializes in mainly Rock, Punk, and Hip Hop Music. With headliners Blink-182, Beck, Elvis Costello, and so many more, Riot Fest should be on your radar of major upcoming events.

Concerts

If music festivals are not your preference, or you are looking for a specific artist, Chicago still has plenty of concerts coming up.

Fall Out Boy with Machine Gun Kelly and Rise Against

Fall Out Boy is performing at Wrigley Field on September 8th, promoting their seventh studio album M A N I A.

Rae Sremmurd with Childish Gambino

Taking place on September 8th, his tour has been referred to by Donald Glover, the man behind the character of Childish Gambino, to possibly be his last, as Glover is wanting to retire the character and move on to other things. This is not the concert to miss, as it may be your last opportunity to see him perform live.

5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS)

Also taking place on the 8th of September, in a return from a two year hiatus, 5SOS is back with a passion releasing their new album Youngblood. This break from the spotlight has not seemed to affect their fans, as the album debuted at first on the Billboard 200 chart.

Hozier

Set to perform at the Riviera Theatre on September 21 as part of his North American Tour,  Hozier’s tour will unsurprisingly coincide with the release of new music and the possibility of a second album.

Nicki Minaj with Future

Both of these artists will be taking the stage on the United Center on September 28 for their NickiHndrxx tour. Both are multi-award winning artists that are very well known for fast-paced high-energy live performances that no one wants to miss out on.

BTS

BTS has been at the forefront of the growing K-pop craze around the world. They will be performing twice on October 2 and 3, at the United Center as part of their BTS WORLD TOUR ‘LOVE YOURSELF.’

Gorillaz with The Internet

Appearing at the United Center on October 16, is the virtual band Gorillaz. Unlike most bands, the recognizable faces of the group are not people but cartoons. This sets them apart from many groups and makes for an interesting live performance that you have to see.

Twenty One Pilots

As part of their Bandito Tour, Twenty One Pilots are set to take the stage of the United Center on October 17.

Florence and the Machine

On October 19 Florence and the Machine will also be performing at the United Center. The indie rock band is promoting their new album HIGH AS HOPE.

AJR

For The Click Tour Part 2, AJR is set to appear at the Aragon Ballroom on November 8. This indie pop band is unique because they are known for writing, producing, and mixing their own material.

Genevieve Ick, Entertainment Editor

Genevieve Ick is the Entertainment Editor of the Glen Bard. She is a sophomore who enjoys reading, writing, and English class. She loves music, and plays...

• Chicago’s Biggest Music Events of the Fall

News Stories

Art: The West Way

Features

West senior competes in world Irish dance competition

News Stories

Do you have what it takes to be a dancer?

Showcase

Season Outlook: GBW Boys’ Gymnastics

Features

March Senior Spotlight: Ellie Morrison

Fashion

Frosted in Fashion 2019: A Fundraising Success

Features

Outstanding achievements, extreme passion earn Dr. Monaghan Principal of the Year award

Entertainment

The Highs and Lows of the Oscars 2019

Opinion

Experience over iPads: Learning to cherish and live in the moment

Opinion

Opinion: Educational Risk Taking: Key to Learning, Growth