The Glen Bard

The student news site of Glenbard West High School

The Glen Bard

The Glen Bard

‘Vintage Fuego co.’ – West Student Runs Successful Vintage and Streetwear Business

(photo provided by Hairo)
(photo provided by Hairo)
(photo provided by Hairo)

Glenbard West senior Hairo Cano finds and resells thrifted pieces to turn impressive profits under the name Vintage Fuego. 

When explaining how the business started, Hairo recalled he was widely inspired by the style of the slightly older generation. He was raised as the “baby of the family,” amongst his older “close cousins.” These cousins “were all late 90s to 2000s kids,” which gave Cano a deep nostalgia with the style/fashion of that time. “Once I was in high school,” Hairo recalled, “I grew an interest [in] fashion and started to buy more vintage clothes.”

Eventually, Cano began “taking notice that there were vintage resellers.” Hairo described being “fascinated” by the practice, and just began selling these clothes himself. 

“My business works around me.” Cano explained. “I’m the only person in the business […] I go out and source all of the clothes myself whether that be thrifting, buying from other sellers, etc.” Hairo also handles “organizing, selling, marketing, [and] planning”- or, as he described it, “whatever I need to do at any time” to keep his affairs in order. 

Recently, Cano has participated (and even organized) events with free admission and dozens of vendors – the most recent of which being on February 24th at the Church Street Brewing Company. Such events have been described as wildly successful! “I see my business expanding in the future while I head over to college”, Hairo explained, highlighting some of the projects he has seen at the University of Missouri as an “inspiration”. 

Fellow senior Xzavion Willett is a loyal customer of Hairo’s: “I bought a pair of Nikes,” Willett explained, which were “my go-to basketball shoes for years.” 

Whether you seek retro graphic tees, college crewnecks, a pair of vintage jeans, or anything in-between, Hairo suggested that you check out his Vintage Fuego instagram.

“Feel free to contact me if there’s anything you guys are looking for,” Hairo concluded.